In this entry we will show the TP4056 lithium battery charger. It is one of the most well-known chargers for its good operation and derisory price.
Where to buy, price and ship TP4056 charger
- I bought them through the following link: buy TP4056 charger (5 pcs pack)
It is a pack of 5 units and has cost me 2.2 euros (shipping costs included).
The package I have received in about 3 weeks, the usual time it takes for packages to aliexpress.
TP4056 Charger Package Photos
Let’s put some pictures of the package I received:
Now a few more detailed photos of the module:
As you can see, the modules all come together, but they are pre-cut, so that folding with your hand a little, you can separate each.
TP4056 module operation
With the TP4056 module we can charge lithium batteries in a safe way, as it manages the charge.
As input voltage accepts 5V and can be powered via a microusb with any mobile charger. It also has another alternative input where we could weld any power supply. It is the one that is labeled IN+ / IN-
This module is a new revision of the classic TP4056, which only had one output for the battery. In this case, if you look at the photo, you can see that it has 2 outputs:
- B+/B-: In this output we must connect the battery. The module manages the battery charge and stops charging it when it reaches 4.2V. The maximum charge current is 1A.
- OUT+/OUT-: This is a new output that is used to unload energy from the cell. It can be said that it is a simple BMS, and manage that the cell does not overload below 2.5V. It also controls that the cell does not discharge at current greater than 3A.
TP4056 module manufacturer features
- Input voltage: 5V
- Charging Cut-Off Voltage: 4.2V x 1%
- Maximum load current: 1000mA
- Over-discharge protection voltage: 2.5V
- Maximum discharge intensity protection: 3A
- Plate size: 17.16mm x 26.17mm
Conclusion on the TP4056 module
In short, a lithium battery charger, which also includes a basic BMS (but very useful for small projects) at a super cheap price. It is a must have for anyone who likes to tinker with lithium batteries. We have some post where we have used it, as for example the DIY load cycle tester for 18650 cells.
I hope it helps.
Any question, leave it with comments.
Thank you and see you next time!